How to Fix iPhone X Screen From Turning Off Randomly
Tired of endlessly re-opening your iPhone X from time to time after it automatically turns Off, in the most unexpected moments? Then be our guest!
We all know that having your screen black or turned OFF, helps you save a lot of battery life that’ll help you get through the day. Yet, there are times that you may want to keep it open or lit up, for the reasons only you can answer. Yet, a lot of iPhone X users recently reported that their device’s screen somehow spontaneously turns black, without knowing why. We know it really is annoying, and in this article, we’ll help you get rid of that issue once and for all.
The iPhone X has an improved TrueDepth front-facing camera, which enables the Face ID, new augmented reality features, Animoji and selfies in Portrait Mode. That iPhone X’s camera also includes the key to keeping your screen from going black. It verifies when you’re looking at it, and won’t turn OFF unless you look away from it.
But if you like to keep your screen on longer without giving it constant attention, it’s very possible, too, with simple tweaks to your iPhone X’s settings. Here are two methods to stop your iPhone X’s screen from randomly turning off.
Steps in Turning ON Attention Aware Features
The Attention Aware feature is one of its kind. In order to activate it, all you have to do is follow these steps:
- Head to the Settings app
- Choose Face ID & Passcode
- Switch the toggle ON for the Attention Aware option
That option shall allow the front-facing camera to recognize whether you’re taking a glimpse at your screen. If you’re not, your iPhone X’s screen will start turning black.
Steps in Changing the Display & Brightness Settings
You can keep your iPhone X’s screen ON for a lifetime if you desire by simply adjusting the display option, though we wouldn’t advise performing that if you want to save some battery life. The default auto-lock setting is 30 seconds, but if that’s too short for you, you can adjust it.
- Head to your iPhone X’s Settings app
- Choose Display & Brightness
- Press Auto-Lock. That’s the option where you can adjust how long your screen will remain ON and slack when you are not looking at it or utilizing it
- Adjust the length of time from 30 seconds to any other increment between 1 and 5 minutes. Also, you can select never auto-lock (though, repeatedly, that’s apparently not the best idea if you want your iPhone X to last throughout your day).