How To Use One-Handed Mode On The Samsung Galaxy S9
The Galaxy S9 offers one-handed mode, which substantially shrinks down your screen to something you can quickly reach with your thumb. Using the one-handed function is very easy and straightforward. All you need to do is adjust the display size, as well as its position, making it smaller and bringing it closer to the fingers that you’re comfortable to use.
This unique function also gives you the chance to shrink and reposition the majority of your input methods, from the in-call buttons to the keypad, the built-in keyboard, the unlock pattern and other features. To cut a long story short, let’s take you through the process of using the one-handed mode on your Samsung Galaxy S9.
How to Turn On Or Off One-Handed Use On Galaxy S9
- Navigate to General Settings
- Click on Advanced Features
- Tap One-handed operation
- Identify the Reduce Screen Size feature and click on the switch next to enable or disable it (blue means you’ve turned the feature on and you will be able to adjust the screen size);
- Next, identify the One-handed Input and click on the switch next to enable or disable it (again, blue means that you have turned the feature on and you will be able to change the size of all the input methods, which allows you type numbers and text more comfortable with one hand)
To enjoy the best of this one-handed functionality
You will need to make your active screen area smaller and adjust the input methods so it will better fit the new screen size. Here is an illustration of what we are talking about:
Reducing the screen size
For instance, let’s assume you’re navigating on the web. It’s a general situation when you make use of one hand. All you need to do is to:
- Open the Internet browser
- Enter the desired web page
- Tap rapidly on the phone Home screen for three times in a row to shrink the screen size and the layout;
- Bear in mind that the direct access feature turn off automatically as long as the one-handed mode feature is turned on
- You can now position the screen wherever you like, whether on the right side if you are right-handed or on the left side if you are left-handed
- Continue browsing the web pages as long as you wish with the one-handed mode
- You can just tap on the button labeled as “Return to full screen” when done, and it will all go return to normal
Adjusting the input methods’ size
You can match the small screen size and large input methods together, and this won’t ease your experience. For instance, if you have a passcode that you type on the Lock Screen, all you need to do is to swipe the lock screen and tap to change the position of the keypad.
Again, you can bring the newly adjusted keypad on the left side of your screen if you’re a left-handed user. Once you do that, enter the passcode, and hit the OK button.