How To Turn OFF Sidebar On Samsung Galaxy S9
The Samsung Galaxy S9 sidebar is one of the unique features currently available on this device. As expected, this feature activates by default but it is easy to switch it off if you decide to remove it or just give up on it for a while.
Turning off the Samsung Galaxy S9 sidebar means that the Edge panels will no longer feature the apps and you’ll be given a little bit extra screen space. If you want to turn off the sidebar, all you have to do is follow the simple steps below.
How To Turn OFF Sidebar On Galaxy S9
- Open the Home screen on your Samsung Galaxy S9
- Launch the Apps icon
- Tap General Settings
- Tap on the Page Screen option
- Tap on the Edge panel settings
- Tap On to activate the feature, (switched from On to Off to disable the Edge bar); the options below are available:
- Checkbox: Disable or Enable each panel
- Edit: Configure individual panels by clicking
- Download: Browse and download more Edge panels via Galaxy Apps
- More options > Uninstall: Eliminate an Edge panel from your device
- More options > Reorder: Switch the order of the Edge panels by dragging them to the right left
- More options > Handle settings: Drag Edge panel handles to change the position along the edge of the screen, and then modify the following Edge panel handle settings
- Size: Drag the slider to adjust the size of the Edge screen handle
- Position: Choose either Left or Right to set which side the Edge screen appears
- Transparency: Drag the slider to adjust the transparency of the Edge screen handle
- Vibration: Tap the Edge panel handle to activate vibration
- Click “Back” to save all the changes
You will notice that Edge bar will no longer display on your Home screen and the App menu, may look a bit clearer. If you feel like reactivating this feature back on your Samsung Galaxy S9, then follow the steps above and move that slider back from Off to On.