WiFi Not Working On Samsung Galaxy S6 (Solved)
Some have reported that the WiFi not working on the Samsung Galaxy S6. Some of the problems noticed on the Galaxy S6 includes a slow Wifi/weak Wifi connection, WiFi switches to data automatically and the ability to forget a WiFi connection on the Galaxy S6 is a problem. Below we’ll get into some of the solutions that you can use to fix WiFi not working on the Samsung Galaxy S6.
Make sure WiFi is turned off on Galaxy S6
It’s very common that your Galaxy S6 is still connected to a weak WiFi signal, and you should you check to make sure the WiFi disabled or turned OFF. The following will take you to the Wi-Fi settings of the Galaxy S6:
- Turn on the Galaxy S6.
- Select on Menu.
- Select Settings.
- Select Connections.
- Select Wi-Fi.
- Touch the ON/OFF slider next to Wi-Fi to turn Wi-Fi OFF.
Galaxy S6 switches from WiFi to Data randomly
The way that the Galaxy S6 WiFi connection switches from WiFi to data is based on the WLAN to mobile data connection option that is activated in the Android settings of the Samsung Galaxy S6. The name of this setting is called “Smart network switch” and was designed on the Samsung Galaxy S6 in order to automatically switch between Wi-Fi and mobile networks, such as LTE, to build up a stable network connection all the time. The good news is that this WiFi setting can be adjusted to fix the Galaxy S6 WiFi problem.
How to forget a saved Wi-Fi network:
To delete a saved Wifi network on the Galaxy S6, go to the settings menu and look for the WiFi section. Browse for the network that you want to delete and remove from your Galaxy S6. Once you find the WiFi connection, long press it, and then select “Forget.” (There’s also a “modify” option, which mostly is a nice way to change the Wifi password saved on your device.)
- Turn on the Galaxy S6.
- Swipe down on the screen to open up the notification panel and select Settings.
- Browse to the Network connections section and then tap Wi-Fi.
- If Wi-Fi is off, select the ON/OFF switch to turn it on.
- Select the required Wi-Fi network profile you want to forget and select Forget
- The selected Wi-Fi network profile has been forgotten.
Disable the smart network switch on the Samsung Galaxy S6 and fix the WiFi problem:
- Turn on your Galaxy S6 smartphone
- Enable the mobile data connection of the Samsung Galaxy S6.
- After the mobile data connection is enabled, go to Menu -> Settings -> Wireless.
- At the start of the page you will see the option “Smart network switch”.
- Uncheck this option to obtain a not so stable wireless connection of your Samsung Galaxy S6 with the router still upright.
- Now your Samsung Galaxy S6 will no longer automatically switch between Wi-Fi and the mobile Internet.
Solve Slow WiFi on Galaxy S6
Another issues is the slow WiFi speed on the Galaxy S6 is when you use apps like Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram, Whatsapp and many of the icons and pictures look gray, which either don’t come up at all, or take forever to load. But when the WiFi signal is strong and the WiFi is still slow, this can be a frustrating problem and we can help you fix it. Below are some quick suggestions on how to fix Galaxy S6 WiFi problem.
How to fix slow wifi on Galaxy S6:
- Power off the Samsung Galaxy S6
- Hold the power off, volume up and the home button all at the same time
- After some seconds, the Galaxy S6 will vibrate once and the recovery mode is started
- Search for the entry called “wipe cache partition” and start it
- After a few minutes the process is complete and you can restart the Galaxy S6 with “reboot system now”
Get Technical Support
For those that have done everything they can to fix the slow Internet connection on the Galaxy S6, it’s suggested to take the smartphone back to the store or to a shop where it can be physically checked for any damaged. If proven defective by a technician, a replacement unit may be provided for you of it could be repaired.