Amazon Prime has an excellent selection of movies, TV and Web series, and various other television shows you can watch. If you’re an Amazon Prime member, you should absolutely take advantage of Amazon Prime video streaming. Got a Google Chromecast? Want to watch Amazon Prime video on it? Good. Let’s see what needs to be enabled for this to happen.
First, you’ll need these two things; then, we’ll get into how to make the two work together.
Google Chrome Browser
A vast majority of Internet and Web users already have and use the Google Chrome browser—if you’re not one of them, you’ll need it to watch Amazon Prime video through your Google Chromecast device.
After you’ve downloaded the Google Chrome browser and installed it on your Mac, PC, or tablet, get ready for your viewing pleasures to become elevated to the next level. You’ll have even more streaming video choices, as long as you also hold a membership to Amazon Prime.
Amazon Prime Members
When you’re an Amazon Prime subscriber, you have access to more than just two-day Prime shipping. The other perks that come with an Amazon Prime subscription are unlimited streaming of Prime music, notification of deals before regular Amazon customers, and a pass to stream Amazon Prime video content, among a few other Prime benefits.
We’re talking about how you can stream Amazon Prime video here, though, so let’s move our focus to that. Getting back on track, we were talking about how you can stream your Amazon Prime video content to your Google Chromecast.
Stream Amazon Prime Video to Your Google Chromecast Device
All right: so you’ve got the Google Chrome browser and you’ve got an Amazon Prime subscription. Want to stream Amazon video to your Chromecast device? Yes, we know you do—or you wouldn’t be here.
- Open your Chrome browser and navigate to your Amazon Prime account at Amazon.com.
- Next, click on the “Prime” drop-down arrow and go down to “Watch.”
- Unless you’ve already created a “watch list,” browse through and find something you’d like to watch. Then, select it.
- On the following screen in your Chrome browser, the video you’ve selected will start playing. Go ahead and pause it for a minute. We need to get it cast through your Chromecast device.
- In the upper right-hand side of the Chrome browser, you’ll see the Chromecast icon.
- Click on it and select your Google Chromecast device from the list. Then, choose “Cast tab” from the “Cast to” drop-down menu.
- Now you should see your Amazon Prime video displayed on your TV screen.
In the most recent releases of the Google Chrome browser, the Google Chromecast Castability has been built into the browser’s build, meaning you no longer need to download the Google Cast extension as previously required. Just download or update to the most current Google Chrome browser and you’re all set to go.
You can either mirror your desktop, or the Chrome browser tab as well. In the walkthrough above, we’re only casting the tab so that the Amazon Prime video is output on our entire TV screen. This also allows us to minimize the Chrome browser window and keep doing work on our computer—while we watch Orphan Black from Amazon Prime video casting through the Google Chromecast device connected to our TV.
There you have it. You can now enjoy streaming your Amazon Prime videos by casting them directly to your Google Chromecast device. Enjoy!