How To Fix Blurry Videos And Pictures On Galaxy S9 And Galaxy S9 Plus
If you get blurry photos and videos on your Samsung Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 Plus, then just know this can happen to even experienced photographers. If you find that everything you film or capture on your Camera app ends up foggy, especially if it happens all of a sudden when your images used to be clear as day, then you will most likely find it’s not you or your photography skills.
Now that you know that your blurry photos and videos may not be your own fault, then let us show you what you need to do to fix it. In this article, we will help show you a simple, step-by-step guide to this problem of yours which has been reported by quite a few users.
Fixing Blurry Videos and Pictures on Galaxy S9 or S9 Plus
Before we start, if the blurry photos or videos are not a sudden issue and you have noticed the blurry image from the very beginning, then perhaps you should check if the protective plastic seal that comes with the smartphone is still attached to your camera lens and to the heart rate monitor right from the factory. If this suggestion fixed your problem then congratulations, just don’t feel ashamed you overlooked a minor detail. Everyone does at some point or another.
Other than that, there is one special setting you need to find and adjust:
- Start by launching the Camera app.
- Now tap on the gear icon on the bottom left side of the screen and access the camera settings.
- Then identify the option that says Picture Stabilization.
- Once you find it, turn this feature off.
The above method is one of the most common fixes for blurry pictures and videos on a Samsung Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 Plus. A lot of our readers will likely get rid of the problem with this method, but if this still hasn’t fixed your problem, then keep reading, as we have a few more methods for you to try.
- Start by booting up your smartphone into Safe Mode.
- Now use the Camera app in Safe Mode and see if the results are still just as blurry.
- If you find that they are the same, then restart the device.
- Go to the General Settings menu.
- Select the Application Manager.
- Then open the Camera app.
- Finally, go clear the cache.
If you find the issue hasn’t been resolved, then try the following options listed under Method 3, in the listed order, verifying after each step whether or not the blurry photos are still a problem.
- Start by installing a third party camera app. Try to use that one instead of the normal default camera app.
- Now scan for the latest software version and update your smartphone to the most recent OS version.
- Finally, you can try a factory reset on your Samsung Galaxy S9 or Galaxy s9 Plus, but remember to back up everything on the phone first.
One of these is the solution you’ve been looking for, hopefully. Share with us in the comments below what helped you when all of your photos and videos came out blurry!