How To Reset Password On LG V20 When Locked Out
It’s common to forget the password on your LG V20. Many solutions to reset the password on the LG V20 require you to complete a hard factory reset, which can delete all your files and data on the smartphone. For anyone with a lot of apps, photos, or videos, this can be quite a blow. For anyone who regularly used their LG V20 for school or business, this could very well feel like an urgent crisis.
Luckily for those that don’t have their LG V20 backed up, we have a way to reset the password on the LG V20 when locked out without having to lose data or files. The following is a guide that will teach you two different ways how to reset the lock screen password on the LG V20 when you get locked out.
LG V20 Password Reset with Android Device Manager
The first solution to reset the password on the LG V20 is for those that have already registered their LG V20 with the Android Device Manager. When using the Android Device Manger to reset the password, all you need to do is activate the “Lock” feature. The “Lock” feature on Android Device Manger will allow you to get the LG V20 password to reset when you have forgotten the password on the LG V20.
- Go to the Android Device Manager from a computer
- Find your LG V20 on the screen
- Enable “Lock & Erase” feature
- Then follow the given steps on the page to lock your phone
- Set a temporary password
- Enter the temporary password on your LG V20
- Create a new password
Of course, it’s always a good idea to regularly back up any device that you plan on using for important purposes, but sometimes things happen. The anxiety of forgetting your password in the first place is enough punishment on its own without forcing you to lose everything.
However, if your LG V20 wasn’t registered with the Android Device Manager, then the only readily available option to reset the password is the nuclear option.
LG V20 Reset Password with Factory Reset
- Turn off the LG V20.
- Press and hold the Volume Up button, the Home button, and the Power button at the same time until you see the Android icon.
- Using the Volume Down button, select the wipe data/factory reset option and press the Power button to select it.
- Using the Volume Down button, highlight Yes – delete all user data, and press the Power button to select it.
- After the LG V20 has rebooted, then use the Power button to select it.
When the LG V20 restarts, everything will be wiped and will be ready to set up again.
Read this guide to learn an alternative method to factory reset the LG V20. It’s important to note that before you go to do a factory reset on the LG V20, you should back up all files and information to prevent any data from being lost.