How to Forward Text Messages on your iPhone
Forwarding text messages is a task that is relatively easy. Here are the steps to forward texts from your iPhone, whether you have the latest version of iOS 8.3 or a much earlier version of iOS 6.1.2 or previous.
For iPhones running iOS 7 and newer, you can forward both regular texts and iMessages in the same manner. Simply follow these steps:
• Go into the Messages app and select the specific text message thread you would like to forward to another person.
• Press and hold on a message within the thread until you see a button entitled “More” appear.
• You will now see radio buttons that you can select. Once you place your finger on any of these, a checkmark will appear in the radio buttons. You will also notice an arrow in a blue outline appear on the lower right corner of your screen. Press on that.
• A new message window will then appear. Enter the name of the person you wish to forward the text messages to in the “To” field. The texts you have selected will also appear below, with the familiar “Send” button beside it. When you are ready to send the message, press that button and your text will be forwarded.
If you happen to have an iPhone 3GS or simply decided not to update your iPhone beyond iOS 6.1.3, follow these steps to forward a text message:
• Open the Messages app and find the text you want to forward. Click on the “Edit” button that appears in the upper right of the screen.
• From there, a red checkmark will appear beside the text, and at the bottom of the screen, there will be a “Delete” button on the left and a “Forward” button on the right. Press the “Forward” button.
• A new message screen will then appear. Enter the name of the person you are forwarding the text to and click “Send” when you are ready. The text will already be in the message field.