Galaxy S8 And Galaxy S8 Plus: How To Fix Audio Problems
Your Galaxy S8 loudspeaker muted randomly?
My Bluetooth headset got damaged sometime last week and I now have to listen to my music through the loudspeaker. Then at one time I discover that the sound is randomly muted. There is no particular pattern since the muted tracks played just fine on my PC. Then I play them once more on my phone and again they play just fine. Some of the other tracks also mute randomly so my idea was that my phone was faulty. Have any of you guys experienced a similar problem before? How do I fix it?
According to your description, my idea was the problem might be lying with the speaker itself. This is common especially if the speaker is pressed or covered. The thing is no one can ever know since we cannot open the phone and check it. At this point, we can rule out the possibility of a third party app or firmware being the cause of your problem. My suggestion would be to try booting your device in Safe Mode first then try to play the music in this mode
- Hit and hold on the Power button
- Once the Samsung Galaxy S8 logo appears on your screen, release the Power button and hold the Volume Down key immediately.
- Hold on to the Volume Down key until the smartphone completes rebooting.
- Release the key once Safe Mode appears on your screen.
If this does not fix your problem and you still determined to fix the problem, it is advisable to reset your device to its factory settings before you can consider having it repaired or checked up by a technician. You will need to first back up all your important files to prevent any loss of data through the reset process.
- Power OFF your Galaxy S8
- Get the phone into Recovery Mode
- When the Samsung Galaxy S8 logo appears on your screen, let go the Power key but keep hold of the other 2 keys.
- Once the Android logo pops up, let go of the remaining 2 keys. Leave the phone for around 30-60 seconds. Note that ‘’Installing system update” message may pop up on your screen for a few seconds just before displaying the android system recovery menu. That will mark the first phase of the entire procedure.
- Use the Volume Down button to highlight the “wipe data/factory reset” option
- Hit the Power key to select it
- Highlight the option “Yes> delete all user data” using the Volume Down key then hit the Power key to select it.
- Let the phone be until it completes the Master Reset. Once it finishes, highlight “restart system now” option then hit the Power button.
- Your device restarts but it might take longer than usual.
The Galaxy S8 text notifications tunes don’t play when text messages come in
I recently updated my Galaxy S8 and since then, I don’t get notified of received messages anymore. It simply doesn’t play the normal message tune when I receive a text message. What am sure of is that everything was working just fine prior to the update. I could text someone then get a notification sound once a text message came in but not after the update. How can this be explained? Can it be fixed?
There is one setting that needs to be changed for you to start getting notified once more. Just follow our guidelines below.
- Go to the Home screen
- Hit the Apps icon
- Browse on Settings
- Hit Apps and then open Applications Manager
- Swipe the ALL tab
- Browse and hit Messages