How To Clear App Data On Google Pixel And Pixel XL
For those that own a Google Pixel or Pixel XL, it’s a good idea to know how to clear app data on the Pixel or Pixel XL. The best way to fix any bugs or other software problems from apps on your Google Pixel and Pixel XL is to either complete a factory reset or a cache wipe. It’s recommended to clear the app cache on a Google Pixel or Pixel XL when your smartphone has some delays, glitches or freezes. Below we’ll explain how you can clear the cache on the Google Pixel and Pixel XL.
For those interested in getting the most out of your Google device, then make sure to check out Google’s wireless charging pad, external portable battery pack, and the Fitbit Charge HR Wireless Activity Wristband for the ultimate experience with your Google device.
How to clear the app cache on the Google Pixel and Pixel XL
For problems that are just happening on a specific app, it’s best to first try to clear the app cache. You can clear the app cache with these instructions:
- Turn on your Google Pixel and Pixel XL
- Go to Settings > App Manager
- Select the app you want to clear the cache for
- After you’ve selected the app, look for the app info screen
- Select on Clear Cache
- To clear the app cache for all apps, go to Settings > Storage
- Select Cached Data to clear all app caches simultaneously
Don’t select Clear Data unless you want to lose all the information that app stores, like your user name, passwords, game progress, preferences, settings and so on.
What to do when clearing the app cache doesn’t help
After you have cleared the cache of individual apps and the Google Pixel and Pixel XL problem is still happening, the next best option is to uninstall the app and reboot the device. It’s important to note that before you reset the Pixel or Pixel XL, you should back up all data to prevent anything from being lost during the reboot process. After rebooting the Pixel and Pixel XL, and the problem is still happening, then it’s suggested that you perform a system cache wipe, also known as clearing the cache partition on the Google Pixel and Pixel XL.
How to clear the system cache on the Google Pixel and Pixel XL:
- Turn off the Google Pixel and Pixel XL
- Press and hold the Volume Up, Power and Home buttons at the same time until the Android logo shows up and the phone vibrates
- Then let go of the Power button and continue to hold the other buttons
- Use the volume buttons to scroll down to highlight Wipe Cache Partition
- Press the Power button
- Scroll down to Yes and press the Power button
- Scroll to Reboot System Now and press Power
- Your Pixel and Pixel XL will reboot with a cleared system cache