How To Transfer Photos From Galaxy S8 And Galaxy S8 Plus To PC
The more powerful your smartphone’s camera will be, the more tempted you will be to use it all the time and to take all kinds of pictures with it. Soon enough, you will discover, however, that your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8 Plus could use some extra space to run properly. That’s when you start searching for alternatives of where to back up all your photographs and a computer, whether it is a Windows PC or a Mac, will always be your best option.
If you choose to sync your smartphone with your PC and transfer the photos in there, you will not only benefit from extra storage space but you will also be able to go through your photographs, anytime you want, and admire them on a much bigger scale than you could ever do on your phone’s screen. Did we mention how simple it is to do this transfer?
If you want to move your pictures and videos from Galaxy S8/S8 Plus to a PC…
- You should know that you can only do it with DRM-free or with unprotected videos;
- The process is also reversible, meaning that you can transfer the photos from a PC to your smartphone;
- Unless it is a Mac computer that you’re using, which will require some additional software for the file transfer, you won’t need anything for a Windows PC.
How to transfer pictures and videos in 6 simple steps:
- Use a USB cable to connect the smartphone to the PC;
- If the connection won’t start with the Photo Transfer enabled, suffices to touch and hold the Status bar and then drag it to the bottom – select the USB icon and enable the Photo Transfer;
- Launch the Windows Explorer or the File Explorer – either with the keyboard combination of Windows and E or with a right-click on the Start button and selecting the Open File Explorer or the Open Windows Explorer in there;
- Within the Explorer app, navigate SM-G920V or SM-G925V > Phone;
- Use your PC to copy image and video files in the designated directory, such as the My Pictures folder or any other folder you decide to create;
- Remove the USB cable and make sure you cover the multipurpose jack so dust or water won’t get in there.
Now you can go on and explore the files you have transferred from your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8 Plus right on your computer.