How To Turn ON And OFF Galaxy J7 With Broken Power Button
Some have reported that after using the Samsung Galaxy J7 for sometime, there is a chance that you can break the Galaxy J7 power button, rendering the button useless. As we’re sure you can understand, this makes it rather inconvenient to turn the phone off without simply letting the battery run out, and it could baffle you entirely when it comes to turning the Galaxy J7 back on. So you may be asking, how do you turn the Samsung Galaxy J7 on or off when the power button isn’t working?
Don’t worry if you’ve broken or damaged the power button on your smartphone; just follow the step-by-step instructions below on how to turn the Galaxy J7 on and off without a working power button.
How to turn ON Galaxy J7 without using the power button:
- When the Galaxy J7 is turned off, press and hold the volume button for a few seconds.
- While holding the volume button, connect the Galaxy J7 to a computer using a USB cable.
- Wait for your phone to boot to Download mode.
- Once it does, press down on the volume rocker to cancel the operation.
- After the operation has canceled, the Galaxy J7 will reboot and turn on.
- You have successfully turned on the Galaxy J7 without using the power button.
How to turn OFF Galaxy J7 without using the power button:
- Press the home button and go to the Home screen.
- Select the Applications icon.
- Select the Play Store icon.
- In the Search box, type in “Button Savior.”
- Download and install the application.
- You can also download Button Savior on the web if you cannot download it via the Play Store.
- After installation, open Button Savior.
- After enabling Debugging Mode, open Button Savior and Select “Kill/Start Button Savior Service.”
- A screen will pop-up with a small arrow on the right side of the screen.
- Select it to convert it into icons.
- Tap and hold on the “Power” button on the lowest part of the icon list to see device options.
- Select the “Power off” option to turn off your device.
- You have successfully turned off the Galaxy J7 without using its power button.