LG G7 Screen Won’t Turn On: How To Fix This Problem
Some users of the LG G7 have been complaining that their device screen won’t come up. Although the keys light up to show that the LG G7 has been switched on, and it’s functioning but the screen stays black and nothing is coming up. Other users have complained of experiencing similar issues at random times on their LG G7, sometimes the screen will turn up other times it won’t. There could be several reasons why this is happening on your LG G7. Below are the different ways that you can use to solve the issue on your LG G7.
Hit the Power Button
The first thing you should try to do before anything else is to press the “Power” key several times. This is to be certain the Power key is not faulty. If that’s not the reason why you are experiencing the screen issue on your LG G7, then you can continue to read this article.
Boot to Safe Mode
This process will make sure that only preloaded apps are present until the issue is fixed. This means that the Safe mode option will only load default apps. Safe mode can solve the issue if it is caused by a third-party app that you downloaded. You can do this by following the guide below.
- You will then press and hold the Power key together
- When you see the LG G7 screen, release your finger from the Power button, and then press and hold the Volume Down button
- When your LG G7 restarts, the Safe Mode text will be shown in the bottom left corner of the screen
Booting to Recovery Mode on LG G7 and Wipe Cache Partition
Use the guide below to understand how you can get the LG G7 into Recovery Mode.
- Touch and hold these keys together: Volume Up, Home, and Power
- Once your LG G7 vibrates, release the Power button, and still hold on to other two keys until Android System Recovery screen comes up
- You can now use the “Volume Down” to navigate to “wipe cache partition” and tap the Power button to select it
- When the wipe cache partition process is completed, your LG G7 will reboot automatically
Get Technical Support
If the screen refuses to come up after trying all the methods explained above, you can take your LG G7 to a shop where they can help you to check if there is a major fault. If found defective, they can give you a new one if your LG G7 is still under warranty or they can help you to fix it. But most of the time, the power button is always the cause of your LG G7 screen not coming up.