Recovering your Stolen/Lost iPhone 8 Or iPhone 8 Plus
Misplacing your smartphone is something that is common to mobile device users. But you do not need to be worried because it is possible for you to recover a lost or stolen iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus by making use of some methods which includes using a tracker app or your device iOS device manager. There are other apps on the Apple Store that you can use to find your iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus. Just like the Apple’s Find My iPhone service, Google has its service to which is called Find My iOS or iOS Device Manager. These apps make it possible for owners of the new iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus to recover their lost or stolen devices. I’ll explain some ways below that you can use to find your misplaced or stolen iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus.
Choose a method to erase your iPhone 8
It’s crucial to point out that if you have not done a backup or sync your phone with iTunes, it is impossible to do it now before you carry out this process because you will need to wipe off almost everything on your device to reset your password.
- If you have already synced your smartphone with iTunes, then you can use the iTunes method
- If your smartphone has been connected to the iCloud or Find my iPhone service, then you use this method
- If you haven’t connected your device to any of the services mentioned above, then you will need to use the recovery mode method
Using the iTunes option to erase your iPhone 8
- You will need to connect your smartphone to a computer
- Start iTunes and provide your passcode if requested, you can try another computer that your device is synced with or use the recovery mode
- You will need to wait for a few minutes for iTunes to sync your device and then start the backup
- When the sync has been done, and the backup has been completed, click onRestore [your device]
- As soon as you see the Set Up screenon your smartphone, click on Restore from iTunes backup
- Click on your iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus in iTunes and then select the backup that is most current
Using the iCloud service to erase your iPhone 8
- Visit iCloud.com/findwith another smartphone
- If prompted, provide your Apple ID details
- Click on All Devices located at the top of your browser
- Click on the device you wish to delete
- You can now click on Erase [device], and your device will be erased
- You will be provided with two options; you can either restore from a backupor set up as new
Ensure that your iPhone device is connected to a Wi-Fi or cellular network for you to be able to have access to the Find My iPhone service.
Using recovery mode to erase your iPhone 8
If you have not backed up your device or synced your device with any of the services explained above, then the last effective method that you can use is the Recovery mode. This will help you to erase your device and the password.
- Connect your smartphone to a computer and click on iTunes
- As soon as your smartphone is connected,force restarts it: You can do this by pressing and holding the Sleep/Wake and Home key together for some seconds and do not release when the Apple logo shows, wait for the recovery mode screen to appear
- Two options will be provided, you can either Restore or Update. Click on ‘Update.’ The iTunes service will try to reinstall your iOS without tampering with your data. Wait for a few minutes for the process to be completed