Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Screen Is Not Turning On (Solution)
Some owners of the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 have complained of experiencing a black screen issue on their smartphone. Whenever they switch on their Note 8, the keys will light up, but the screen will stay black. Other users experience this issue on your Samsung Galaxy Note 8. I will advise that you connect your nOte7 to a power outlet to be certain that the issue is not because of a dead battery. You can make use of the steps below to understand how to fix the black screen issue on your Samsung Galaxy Note 8.
By Pressing the Power button
The first thing you can do is to hit the ‘Power’ key to be sure there is no issue with the powering of your Note 8. If the problem persists after pressing the Power button, then you should continue with these tips.
Boot to Recovery Mode and Wipe Cache Partition
You can make use of the tips below to put your Note 8 into Recovery Mode by booting the smartphone:
1. Touch and hold the Volume Up, Home, and Power keys altogether.
2. Release the Power key as soon as the phone vibrates, but you should still press the other two keys until the Recovery screen shows up.
3. You can now use the ‘Volume Down’ key to select ‘wipe cache partition’ and use the Power key to select it.
4. Your smartphone will automatically reboot as soon the cache partition is deleted.
You can make this guide on for a better explanation on how to clear cache on the Samsung Note 8
Boot to Safe Mode
It’s important to point out that only preinstalled apps will function when you activate the Safe Mode option. This helps in spotting if a rogue app is the cause of the issue. You can do by following the steps below:
1. Touch and hold the Power key.
2. As soon as the Samsung logo shows, release the Power key and press the Volume Down button.
3. The Safe Mode text will show at the bottom corner of your Note 8 screen when it’s restarting.
If the problem persists after making use of all the above methods, I will strongly suggest that you take the phone to a shop where it can be checked for physical damage if found defective, a replacement can provide for you, or your smartphone can be repaired. But most of the time, this issue occurs because of power button not working properly on your Samsung Galaxy Note 8.