Samsung Galaxy S8: How To Turn ON And OFF Autocorrect
If you have a Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8 Plus, you may have noticed that it has a feature called autocorrect but you do not know how to use it. Autocorrect has been very beneficial for people that are having problems when they are typing things on your smartphone but it does not turn out the way you want.
However, sometimes you may have an issue with autocorrect because it has changed something that was not initially wrong. The problem of autocorrect comes with the Galaxy S8 that can cause you to become frustrated.
You may also not want to use autocorrect and want to know how you can disable the feature on your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8 Plus device. You can disable the feature so that it doesn’t fix the words that it does not know or you can disable it forever. You can learn how to turn autocorrect on and off on Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus device by looking at the guide below.
Turning autocorrect on Samsung Galaxy S8 off or on:
- Make sure your Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8 Plus is turned on.
- Navigate to the screen where you will see keyboard.
- Click and hold “Dictation Key” which will be close to the “Space Bar” on the left.
- Choose the Settings gear icon.
- Choose the Predictive Text that is beneath the section of Smart Typing and disable the feature.
- You can also disable a variety of option such as punctuation marks and auto-capitalization.
Just in case you change your mind and you want to turn autocorrect on the Galaxy S8 on, you will just need to go to the keyboard that you started with and navigate to the settings and turn on the feature which will have things go back to the way they were before.
The process of turning autocorrect on and off on Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus will most likely vary because the keyboard is rearrange a different way so do not be startled when you use a keyboard app that you downloaded on the Google Play Store.