How To Save Photos From Text Message On Pixel 2
One of the easiest things to do on your Google Pixel 2 is to save pictures from a text message even though most users don’t know how to do this. Most times, users receive a text message with pictures attached and they want to download the picture but they don’t know how to do it. I’ll explain below how you can do this on your Google Pixel 2.
Although apps like WhatsApp or Kik has made it easy to save pictures, I’ll explain below how you can save images received via text message on the default text message app that comes with the Google Pixel 2. If you are not using the default text message app, the process for saving pictures might be a little bit different to the one I will explain below.
Whenever you save a picture from a text message or an MMS, the picture will be automatically stored in your photo gallery. As soon as you save the picture on your Google Pixel 2, you can now share it with your friends and colleagues on social media apps like Facebook, Instagram, or send it as an email. You can also use the picture as your background image on your Google Pixel 2. Follow the instructions below to understand how you can save an image from a text message on your Google Pixel 2.
Saving a Photo from Text Message
- Locate the message with the image that you wish to save
- Click on the picture and it will enlarge to full screen
- Click on the icon that looks like a small disk placed in the upper corner of your screen. (if you can’t find the icon, click on anywhere on the image to show up the menu)
- Click on Save and the picture will be stored under Downloads in the Photo Gallery of your Google Pixel 2
How you can Save Multiple Photos from Text Messages
If there is more than one picture in a message, you can save all the pictures at once instead of of saving them individually. Saving all the pictures at once will be faster and it will ensure that you save all the pictures.
- Locate the message with the images that you want to save.
- Click and hold on a picture and a small menu option will come up
- Click on Save attachment
- A small menu will show up with the list of the images that you want to download
- Click on the images and when you are done, click on Save
- Rename the file to a preferred name so that it will be easier for you to locate in your photo gallery.
Once you have saved a picture in the gallery app of your Google Pixel 2, you are now allowed to share it on other apps on your Google Pixel 2. You can also edit and print the picture by connecting your device to a wireless printer.