Forgot My Pattern Lock Samsung Galaxy J3 (Solution)
If you own a Samsung Galaxy J3, you might forget the pattern lock and then need to reset the pattern lock. Many solutions to reset the password on the Galaxy J3 require completing a hard factory reset which can delete all your files and data on the smartphone.
For those that don’t have their Samsung Galaxy J3 backed up, we’ve created several different ways to reset the password on the Galaxy J3 when locked out without having to lose data or files. The following is a guide that will teach you three different ways how to reset the lock screen password on the Galaxy J3 when you get locked out.
Reset Password with Factory Reset
- Turn off the Galaxy J3.
- Press and hold the Volume up button, the Home button, and the Powerbutton at the same time until you see the Android icon.
- Using the Volume down select wipe data/factory resetoption and press the Power button to select it.
- Using the Volume down highlight Yes – delete all user dataand press Power to select it.
- After the Galaxy J3 has rebooted, then use the Power button to select it.
- When the Galaxy J3 restarts, everything will be wiped and will be ready to set up again.
Read this guide to learn an alternative method to factory reset the Galaxy J3. It’s important to note that before you go to do a factory reset on the Galaxy J3, you should back up all files and information to prevent any data from being lost.
Reset Password with Samsung Find My Mobile
Another method would be to use Samsung’s Find My Mobile (Find My Android), similar to Find My iPhone. You can use the “Remote Controls” feature on your Samsung Galaxy J3 which will allow you to temporarily reset the password and bypass the lock screen on the Galaxy J3. If you have not already registered the Galaxy J3 with Samsung, try registering it as soon as possible
- Register the Galaxy J3 with Samsung
- Use the Find My Mobile service to temporary reset the password
- Bypass the lock screen using the new temporary password
- Set a new password
Password Reset with Android Device Manager
The first way to reset the password on both the Galaxy J3 is for those that have already registered their Galaxy J3 with Android Device Manage. When using Android Device Manger to reset the password, all you need to do is activate the “Lock” feature. The “Lock” feature on Android Device Manger will allow you to get the Galaxy J3 password to reset when you have forgotten the password on the Galaxy J3.
- Go to the Android Device Manager from a computer
- Find your Galaxy J3 on the screen
- Enable “Lock & Erase” feature
- Then follow the given steps on the page to lock your phone
- Set a temporary password
- Enter the temporary password
- Create a new password