Forgot Pin Password On LG G4 (Solution)
It’s very common to forget the password on your LG G4. Many solutions to reset the password on the LG G4 require to complete a hard factory reset which can delete all your files and data on the smartphone. For those that don’t have their LG G4 backed up, we’ve created several different ways to reset the password on the LG G4 when locked out without having to lose data or files. The following is a guide that will teach you three different ways how to reset the lock screen password on the LG G4 when you get locked out.
LG G4 Reset Password with Factory Reset
- Turn off the LG G4.
- Press and hold the Volume up button, the Home button, and the Power button at the same time until you see the Android icon.
- Using the Volume down select wipe data/factory reset option and press the Power button to select it.
- Using the Volume down highlight Yes – delete all user data and press Power to select it.
- After the LG G4 has rebooted, then use the Powerbutton to select it.
- When the LG G4 restarts, everything will be wiped and will be ready to set up again.
Read this guide to learn an alternative method to factory reset the LG G4. It’s important to note that before you go to do a factory reset on the LG G4, you should back up all files and information to prevent any data from being lost.
LG G4 Reset Password with LG Find My Mobile
Another option would be to use LG’s Find My Mobile (Find My Android), similar to Find My iPhone. You can use the “Remote Controls” feature on your LG G4 which will allow you to temporarily reset the password and bypass the lock screen on the LG G4. If you have not already registered the LG G4 with LG, try registering it as soon as possible
- Register the LG G4 with LG
- Use the Find My Mobile service to temporary reset the password
- Bypass the lock screen using the new temporary password
- Set a new password
LG G4 Password Reset with Android Device Manager
Another solution to reset the password on the LG G4 is for those that have already registered their LG G4 with Android Device Manage. When using Android Device Manger to reset the password, all you need to do is activate the “Lock” feature. The “Lock” feature on Android Device Manger will allow you to get the LG G4 password to reset when you have forgotten the password on the LG G4.
- Go to the Android Device Manager from a computer
- Find your LG G4 on the screen
- Enable “Lock & Erase” feature
- Then follow the given steps on the page to lock your phone
- Set a temporary password
- Enter the temporary password on your LG G4
- Create a new password