Galaxy S8 And Galaxy S8 Plus: Can’t Hear Calls (Solution)
There have been recent reports that people are not able hear calls on their Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8 Plus properly. It is understandable that you would become frustrated with the audio and sound issue on your Galaxy S8 when you are getting or making calls, especially as this is a cellphone. In this article we will discuss a variety of methods you can use to fix the problem of not hearing the calls you get on the Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8 Plus.
There are a few issues that can occur. One is the inability to actually make or receive a call. Another problem is perhaps that your sound quality on phone calls is poor. Read on for tips on both of these issues.
We recommend that you contact your service provider if you are still having problems when you are calling from Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus after trying the steps in this article. Read on to learn how you can fix your Galaxy S8 calling problems in the guide below
Check Your Galaxy S8 Signal Bars
You Galaxy S8 could be having issues getting reception, which is the first thing you should check to see if there is something wrong. This seemingly simple reason could be the reason you are not able to get calls. If the connection to the wireless tower is weak your call provider will affect your ability to make or receive calls.
If you do not have any signal, you cannot see any bars, on your smartphone we recommend that you try resetting the Galaxy S8. We also recommend for you to take a look here at how to reboot your Galaxy S8.
Check to See if There is a Power Outage
Another possible reason why you have been having an issue with receiving calls on your Galaxy S8 could be due to a power outage in your area. When there is a power outage nearby cellular services may go out and the only way to fix this is to wait for the repair crews to fix the outage and thereby restore your cell service. You can check the website of your local power company for updates on this.
There could also be a general cell service outage. If you are still having trouble placing or receiving calls check the website of your service provider for any notifications in your area.
Other Ways to Fix Problems With Your Audio
- Make sure your Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8 Plus is turned off and then remove and reinsert the SIM card from your smartphone. Turn your smartphone back on and check your service. This is just another added layer to restarting your phone. A good solid reset is always worth a shot, and if the problem isn’t with the hardware on your phone but the connection to the provider this is a possible fix.
- The root of the audio problem on your Galaxy S8 could be because there is something stuck in your microphone such as debris, dust, or dirt. Try cleaning out the microphone. There could also be some build up in your case, so try taking your phone out and seeing if that improves audio quality.
- The Bluetooth could be the root of your audio problems. As silly as this seems, check to see if your phone is paired to anything nearby. It is possible that you are routing audio to a set of headphones that you are not wearing. Check and see if your Galaxy S8 audio problem is fixed after you turn off or disconnect from your Bluetooth devices.
- Your audio problem could be solved if you wipe the cache of your device. We recommend for you to take a look at the guide on how to wipe the Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus cache.
- Another possible fix could be to put your Galaxy S8 into Recovery Mode. We recommend for you to take a look at the guide on how to enter the Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus into Recovery Mode.
If you are still having issues with the call availability or quality of sound on your Samsung Galaxy S8 or S8 plus, it is recommended to ask the professionals for help. Contact Samsung with this problem and see what they can do.
Are you having similar issues? have you figured out any tips or tricks to boost your audio level or fix a messed up microphone quality? Let us know by putting it in the comments below.