How To Change Device Name On Samsung Galaxy S9 And Galaxy S9 Plus
Samsung’s latest flagship phone, the Galaxy S9 is packed with a lot of customization and accessibility features. Nothing less can be expected of a phone of such caliber. Being able to change the device name when using Bluetooth is a very simple yet helpful feature. It allows your device to be easily recognizable when sending or receiving files.
It’s easy to change your Samsung Galaxy S9 And Galaxy S9 Plus device name so that it appears as something different when connecting to other devices via Bluetooth. Turning your device name adds an extra touch of personalization to your smartphone and can help you recognize your phone when using Bluetooth in a popular area. If you own the new Samsung Galaxy S9 And Galaxy S9 Plus and want to change device name, continue reading this guide.
How To Change Device Name on Galaxy S9
If you want to know how to edit your Samsung Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 Plus name, follow the steps below:
- Switch on the smartphone
- Go to the Home screen
- Drawdown your phone notification bar from the top of the screen
- Open the Settings app
- Browse through the settings app and search for Device Information
- From here you will see a field for the “Device name” tap on it
- You will automatically access an editing field where you can replace the current name with something else
- At this point, you will type in a personalized name for your smartphone
- Leave the menus
Your new name will display on other devices whenever you connect via Bluetooth once you’ve made the name change. This helps a great deal in avoiding confusion when you are requesting a file to be sent to a friend over Bluetooth. It also serves as a way to personalize your device.