How To Change Galaxy S8 Lockscreen & Wallpaper
Have you configured your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8 Plus to start with a lock pattern, a PIN or a fingerprint scan? The first thing that will show up every time when you wake up the screen will be this Lock Screen that comes with a default image selected.
Many people appreciate the opportunity of getting to change this image and add something that is more personal to them. A family picture, special wallpaper, or even a beautiful landscape photographed during their last holiday are more preferred options than the plain, default wallpaper.
But just as many people, especially those who haven’t used an Android so far, are not aware that they can change the Lock Screen. Nevertheless, this screen, which is different from the Home Screen and, consequently, can have its own wallpaper, can be easily personalized within just a few minutes.
In today’s article, you will learn the exact steps for two different methods that will help you do just that – change the custom Lock Screen with a new photograph while adding any picture you want. Let’s move on to the actual instructions.
Change Galaxy S8/S8 Plus Lock Screen Wallpaper – Method #1
The Lock Screen is different from the Home Screen, but personalizing the image from the first one will require accessing the second one. So, head to the Home Screen of your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8 Plus and:
- Find an empty space on the screen;
- Tap and hold on that empty space;
- Wait for the screen to zoom out into a new, customize mode;
- Assess your options – you will be able to:
- Rearrange the icons;
- Customize the wallpaper;
- Change the main screen where the Home button will redirect you;
- Select the Wallpapers icon from the bottom left;
- You will see a list of pre-installed background wallpapers available for selection;
- If you don’t like any of those, you can tap on the View Gallery option and browse your smartphone until you find an image that you like more – it can be a photograph taken with your camera, an image downloaded from the web, a special wallpaper from the web or even a wallpaper from a dedicated app such as Zedge;
- Tap on the button labeled as Set Wallpaper after you have selected your preferred image;
- Leave the menus and the new wallpaper should be active right away.
Change Galaxy S8/S8 Plus Lock Screen Wallpaper – Method #2
As mentioned the Lock Screen wallpaper can be different from the one of the Home Screen. Again, you will have to:
- Head to the Home Screen;
- Find an empty spot and tap on it;
- Select Wallpapers;
- Tap on the Home Screen label from the top-left area of the screen;
- You should see a menu with dedicated options for Home, Lock or both of them;
- Tap on the Lock Screen option;
- Follow the prompts and either select a pre-installed image or browse for a photo stored on your Galaxy S8 or S8 Plus;
- Select the Set Wallpaper button and leave the menus.
The alternative to setting up a custom Lock Screen wallpaper on Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8 Plus is a third-party app dedicated to offering you collections of popular wallpapers that you can try.
Zedge is one of those third-party apps available through the Play Store. If you’re curious about it, go ahead and try it. This would actually make the third alternative in our article for today so you really can’t say that you don’t have enough options at hand.