How To Connect Apple iPhone 7 And iPhone 7 Plus To TV
If you’ve recently purchase an Apple iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus and want to connect your iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus to a TV, below we’ll explain how you can connect it to your TV via a wired hard connection or wirelessly. The entire process is simple to complete once you have the correct tools to set it up. Just follow the guide below and you’ll be on your way to watch TV using your Apple iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus.
You can connect the Apple iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus to TV in two ways; hard-wired and wireless. When you connect iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus to TV, you can mirror what’s on your smartphone to your HDTV.
Connect Apple iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus To TV: Hard-wired Connection
In a few easy steps you can successfully connect your Smartphone to your HDTV
- Purchase a Lighting Digital AV Adaptor and a HDMI Cable.
- Connect the HDMI into your TV and plug the other end into the Lightning Digital AV Adapter.
- Then connect the Lightning Digital AV Adaptor to the lightning port of your iPhone (same connection as your iPhone charging port)
Optional: You can also connect your charger cable to the Lightning port on the Lightning Digital AV Adaptor for the Apple iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus to play on your TV.
Connect Apple iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus To TV: Wireless Connection
To connect Apple iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus to TV with wireless connection, you’ll need an Apple TV.
- Purchase an Apple TV and HDMI cable.
- Connect the Apple TV to your wireless network and start using the AirPlay feature.
- Start playing a video (via the Videos app, YouTube, Safari, etc).
- Swipe up from the bottom of the screen to reveal Control Centre.
- Select on the AirPlay icon and select Apple TV.
- Tap outside of Control Centre to remove it and tap Play to continue watching the movie.
- Look for the AirPlay icon in apps.