How To Set Custom Ringtones On iPhone 7 And iPhone 7 Plus
One of the neatest features of modern smartphones is the ability to make custom ringtones. For your iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus, creating and setting custom ringtones so that a custom tone or notification will play when a particular person calls or messages you is very simple. You can also set custom tones for everyone who calls you. In this article, I’ll show you how to create a custom ringtone from your own music for your Apple iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus.
iOS makes it very easy to add and create custom ringtones for your contacts. On the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus, you now have different options to set custom ringtones for each individual contact, and set custom sounds for text messages as well. You will need to use a desktop computer for this process.
Follow these steps to set custom ringtones on your Apple iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus:
- Open and update iTunes to the newest version (if necessary) on your desktop.
- Select the song you want to use.
- Your ringtone can only be the first 30 seconds of the song, so set the start and stop times of the song by right-clicking or ctrl-clicking the song you want and selecting Get Info from the resulting drop-down list.
- Right- or ctrl-click the same song again and select Create AAC Version.
- Save the new AAC version.
- Change the file’s extension from “.m4a” to “.m4r.”
- Add the new file to iTunes.
- Sync your iPhone.
- On your phone, select Settings > Sounds > Ringtone, then choose the newly created AAC version.
After you follow the steps above, you’ll be able to change the specific ringtone for one individual contact on your iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus, while all other calls will use the standard default sound from settings, and any contact you customize will have their own custom tune.
Have any ideas or suggestions for great ringtones for your iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus? Share them with us below!