Social networks are using time lapse videos a lot more these days, especially with everybody using the feature during their own time. But if you thought about installing a third party time lapse app on your Samsung Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 Plus, then stop! Your smartphone already has this filming mode available, and you don’t need to install a thing. Samsung calls it Hyperlapse, and in order to use it all you have to do is activate the mode in your Camera app settings.
If you are interested, then we will walk you through some simple steps for turning the camera app from the default filming mode to Hyperlapse. Before you begin, though, follow some instructions below or you will be disappointed with the recording speed of your Samsung S9 or S9 Plus.
Before you begin recording with Hyperlapse, it is worth taking a few seconds to switch the speed from its Auto default setting to one of the speeds available: 4x, 8x, 16x or 32x. Whether you’re interested in time lapse videos for artistic purposes, funny purposes, or just because you think it’s cool, the speed options you can pick from are impressive.
To do this you will need to follow the steps below.
Time Lapse on Galaxy S9
- Start this method off by being on the Home screen.
- Then tap on the Camera app.
- Now you need to position the camera in portrait mode; hold it vertically, rather than sideways.
- Go to the bottom left side of the screen.
- Tap on the button labelled as Mode.
- Tap on the available camera modes and then select Hyperlapse.
- Next, tap on the Select Speed option and pick your desired speed from the ones previously mentioned.
- Finally, when you’re ready, tap the record button to begin recording some time lapse videos on your smartphone.
Pretty simple, right? You should now be able to record time lapse videos on your Samsung Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 Plus. With the above method, you don’t need to use any third party apps, as you can get your desired end result simply by using the best of your camera app.