The status bar of your Samsung Galaxy S8 is packed with all kinds of notifications and symbols. One of them is the battery icon, that tiny thing that keeps changing its color as hours go by and the battery drains out. Despite the fact that this change of color is a clear indicator of how much battery you have left, perhaps you would like to know that the device can also show you the percentage of the remaining battery.
If your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8 Plus is currently displaying only the battery icon and you want the battery percentage to show up next to it, you can do that quite easily. All you have to do is to find the Battery submenu and tick an option available in there:
- Go to the Home screen of the device;
- Swipe downwards from the top of the screen;
- In the newly opened Notification shade, look for the Settings icon;
- Press the gear icon from the upper left corner to enter the Settings;
- In there, select the Battery submenu;
- Look for the option labeled as “Battery status in percent”;
- Tick the box next to this option;
- Use the back key to leave the menus.
From now on, the status bar of your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8 Plus will display both the battery symbol and the battery status in percent, next to each other. If, at some point, you will feel that it’s getting too crowded in the status bar, you can get back to the Battery submenu anytime and uncheck that box to free up some space.