If you’re curious how you can switch on and use the screen mirror feature on OnePlus 5, I’ll explain below. There are multiple ways to make use on OnePlus 5 to display things from your phone onto a TV. All you need to do is use the right software. The guide below will teach different ways by which you screen mirror with the OnePlus 5 onto a TV.
Connect OnePlus 5 to TV: Hard-wired Connection
- You will need to get a MHL adapter that works perfectly with OnePlus 5
- Connect your device
- Plug in the power to the adapter
- Using standard HDMI cable, connect to the HDMI port on your TV.
- Switch the TV to the appropriate HDMI input
You may need an HDMI to composite adapter if you have an older TV.
Connect OnePlus 5 to TV: Wireless Connection
- You will need to buy an Allshare Hub; after buying the hub, connect it to your TV using an HDMI cable.
- You can now connect your smartphone and the hub or your TV to wifi. They need to be on the same network to function properly
- Click on Settings and then click on Screen mirroring and you are set
It’s important to note that if you have a SmartTV, you won’t need to go for the Allshare Hub.