Galaxy S8 And Galaxy S8 Plus: How To Remove Google Account
Choosing to work with Samsung’s latest flagships comes with an extra “cost” – having to create a Samsung account, just so you can enjoy the full experience and access some of those features and apps particularly designed for all the Samsung devices out there.
Before you get scared, it is pretty simple and straightforward to create a Samsung account, particularly since you can use any email address that you already have. Of course, at the same time, if you choose to use your Google account, it will be considerably easier to remember it.
Nevertheless, today’s article is actually focused around the idea of removing such an account. Here are the exact instructions that you might want to follow at some point if you accidentally create an account that you want to get rid of:
The 7 steps to removing a Google Account from Galaxy S8/S8 Plus
- Go to the Home screen and access the Apps icon;
- Launch the general Settings;
- Scroll down until you find and access the Accounts menu;
- You will see a list of all the accounts ever used on your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8 Plus – select the account that you want to remove;
- Once you have accessed that account’s page, tap on the MORE button available at the upper-right corner;
- Select the Remove Account option;
- Tap on Remove Account once again, in the newly-opened confirmation window.
And that’s how you have deleted the Google Account listed on your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8 Plus. If there are other accounts that you would like to remove as well, simply repeat the above steps.