Some have reported that after using the Samsung Galaxy J5 for some time, there could be a chance that you can break the Galaxy J5 power button. As you can probably imagine, it becomes hard to turn the Galaxy J5 on and off when the power button is broken without wasting battery by simply letting it die. So you may be asking yourself, “How do I turn my Samsung Galaxy J5 on or off without the power button working?”
Don’t worry if you’ve broken or damaged the power button on your smartphone; just follow the step-by-step instructions below to learn how to turn your Galaxy J5 on and off without a functioning power button.
How to turn ON the Galaxy J5 without using the power button:
- When the Galaxy J5 is turned off, press and hold the volume button for a few seconds.
- While holding the volume button, connect the Galaxy J5 to a computer using a USB cable.
- Wait for your phone to boot to Download mode.
- Then press down on the volume rocker to cancel the operation.
- After the operation has canceled, the Galaxy J5 will reboot and turn on.
- You have successfully turned on the Galaxy J5 without using the power button.
How to turn OFF the Galaxy J5 without using the power button:
- Press the home button and go to the Home screen.
- Select the Applications icon.
- Browse and select the Play Store icon.
- In the Search box, type in Button Savior.
- Download and install the application.
- You can also download Button Savior on the web  if you cannot download it via the Play Store.
- After installation, open Button Savior.
- After enabling Debugging Mode, open Button Savior and select Kill/Start Button Savior Service.
- A screen will pop-up with a small arrow on the right side of the screen.
- Select it to convert it into icons.
- Tap and hold on the Power button on the lowest part of the icon list to see device options.
- Select the Power off option to turn off your device.
- You have successfully turned off the Galaxy J5 without using its power button.