HTC One Volume Button Not Working Repair Guide
If you have ever broken your HTC One volume button, you know it can be one of the most frustrating smartphone defects. The worst part about the volume button being broken is that it’s hard to adjust the volume when listening to music and even harder to hear calls on your HTC One. Below is a guide to help repair your HTC One volume button with step-by-step instructions and a YouTube video to help guide with the process of repairing your HTC One volume button.
For those interested in getting the most out of your HTC smartphone, then make sure to check out HTC’s wireless charging pad, the Fitbit Charge HR Wireless Activity Wristband, and the Mophie external battery pack for the ultimate experience with your HTC smartphone.
Tools and Parts Needed to Repair a HTC One Volume Button
- hair dryer
- pry tool
- suction cup
- replacement HTC One volume button
Steps to Replace HTC One Volume Button:
var ARTICLE_URL = window.location.href;
var CONTENT_ID = 'everything';
- Use the hair dryer to heat the edges of the front screen while you pull the screen up from the top using the suction cup until you can hinge the screen at the bottom.
- Use the spudger to pry around the outside seam of the HTC One to remove the mid-frame from the rear case.
- Unscrew the battery connector and remove the motherboard.
- Use the spudger to remove the vibrating motor, then remove the daughter board.
- Remove the volume button, replace it with the new volume button, then follow these steps in reverse order to reassemble your HTC One.
You can also watch the YouTube video below for more help on how to replace a HTC One volume button: