LG V20 Won’t Turn On (Solution)
If you own a LG V20 that won’t turn on, even though the LG V20 buttons light up like normal, but the screen remains black and nothing is showing up. The LG V20 screen won’t turn on at random times for different people, but the common problem is that the screen fails to wake up. It’s suggested to connect the LG V20 to a power outlet to make sure the problem with the screen not turning on isn’t because of a dead battery. There could be several possible reasons that this is happening and we’ll try to give you different ways to fix the LG V20 screen problem.
Hit the Power button
The first thing that should be tested before any other advice would be to press the “Power” button several times to make sure there is an issue with the powering of the LG V20. If after trying to power the smartphone back on and the issue has not been fixed, continue reading the rest of this guide.
Boot to Recovery Mode and Wipe Cache Partition
The following steps will get the LG V20 into Recovery Mode by booting the smartphone:
- Press and hold the Volume Up, Home, and Power buttons at the same time
- After the phone vibrates, let go of the Power button, while still holding the other two buttons until Android System Recovery screen appears.
- Using the “Volume Down” button, highlight “wipe cache partition” and press the Power button to select it.
- After the cache partition is cleared, the LG V20 will reboot automatically
Read this guide for a more detailed explanation on how to clear cache on the LG V20
Boot to Safe Mode
When booting the LG V20 into “Safe Mode” It will only run on pre-loaded apps, this will allow you to see if another application was causing the issues. This can be done using the following steps:
- Press and hold the Power button at the same time
- After the LG screen appears, let go of the Power button then press and hold the Volume Down key.
Factory Reset LG V20
One method to help you fix the LG V20 screen won’t turn on, is to factory reset the smartphone. The following is a guide on how to factory reset the LG V20. It’s important to note that before you go to factory reset a LG V20, you should back up all files and information to prevent any data from being lost.
Get Technical Support
If none of the methods have worked in trying to get the LG V20 to turn on after charging, it’s suggested to take the smartphone back to the store or to a shop where it can be physically checked for any damaged. If proven defective by a technician, a replacement unit may be provided for you of it could be repaired. But the main issue could be that the power button is not working on the LG V20.