LG V30 Screen Won’t Turn On: How To Fix This Problem
Users of the LG V30 seem to be having frequent issues with the screen not turning on. In other words, the display doesn’t work at all despite the buttons lighting up. This can happen after being in sleep mode for an extended period where the display doesn’t wake up. Additionally, sometimes the screen will go black randomly.There are several ways to fix these problems, and we’ve outlined them for you below.
One possible cause for display issues could be a power malfunction. To test for power malfunctions, press the power button several times to make sure it is working properly. Turn the phone off and back on and see if the display issues persist. If a simple reset doesn’t work, continue reading for other possible solutions.
Boot to Safe Mode
Safe Mode boots the phone with limited software running, allowing you to pinpoint technical and hardware issues. Sometimes installed apps can cause hardware problems, so if booting into safe mode eliminates the problem then you know it’s being caused by an app or piece of software. To boot in safe mode:
- Press and hold the volume and power buttons at the same time
- You’ll see an LG V30 logo appear, at which point you should release the power button and then press and hold the volume down key. Continue holding the button down until the boot process is complete
- The LG V30 will begin booting into safe mode, and this information will be displayed on the bottom of the screen
Boot to Recovery Mode and Wipe Cache Partition
Recovery mode is a special way of booting an Android device, similar to safe mode but with more functionality. Recovery mode runs on a completely separate partition on your device, allowing you to run a complete factory reset from this mode. Recovery mode can also be used to clear the cache or make updates. To boot to recovery mode on LG V30:
- Power off your phone
- At the same time, press and hold the volume up, power and home buttons
- Once you feel the phone vibrate, release only the power button while continuing to hold the volume up and home buttons
- This will boot the phone into recovery mode. From here, use the volume buttons to navigate the menus. Navigate to “Wipe Cache Partition” and select it by pressing the power button. Confirm by pressing the power button again
- This will clear your cache. Reboot the phone, exiting recovery mode
Get Technical Support
If none of these options solve your screen issue on LG V30, the best thing to do is bring your device to the retailer or an authorized repair shop. They can check for material or factory defects and then repair or replace your device.