Pattern Lock Reset On Google Pixel 2
It’s possible that at some point you may forget the unlock pattern to your Pixel 2. There are a few ways to solve this problem. Most of the methods available online will require that you carry out a process called hard factory reset. This will wipe off your files, data and settings on your Pixel 2.
If you have carried out a backup on your Pixel 2, there are different methods that you can use to bypass and reset the pattern lock on your Pixel 2. I will explain three effective but different methods that you can use to reset your password on the Pixel 2.
Resetting Password Using Android Device Manager
The first effective method of resetting your password when locked out on your Pixel 2 is applicable for users that have registered their device with the Android Device Manager. To use the Android Device Manager, you will need to enable the “Lock” feature. The work of the “Lock” feature on Android Device Manager is to make it possible to rest your device password when you are locked out on your Pixel 2. Make use of the instructions below to understand how you can unlock your device using the Android Device Manager.
- Launch the Android Device Manager from a computer
- Look for your device (Pixel 2) on the screen
- Activate the “Lock & Erase” feature
- You can now follow the onscreen instructions to lock your device.
- Create a temporary password
- Type in the temporary password
- Set a new password
Using the Factory Reset Option to Reset Password
- Switch off your Pixel 2
- Touch and hold these buttons at the same time: Volume up, Home and the Power keys
- Make use of the Volume down key to choose wipe data/factory reset option. Use the Power button to click on it
- You can now make use of the Volume down button to move to the option ‘Yes – delete all user data’ and use the Power button to click on it
- Your device will reboot and you can now use the Power button to click on it.
- Your Pixel 2 will restart automatically and all your files will be deleted and your device will be as new.
You can make use of this detailed guide to learn another way that you can use to factory reset the Pixel 2. It’s crucial to point out that you should make sure you have backed up all your files before starting this process so as to prevent losing important files and data on your Pixel 2.
Reset Password with Google Find My Mobile
An alternative method that is also effective is to use the Google’s Find My Mobile (Find My Android), which works the same way as the Find My iPhone tool on Apple devices. You will provided with “Remote Controls” on your Pixel 2 which will make it possible to temporarily reset the password and unlock your Pixel 2. If your v is not yet registered with Google, I will advise that you do that as soon as possible.
- First, make sure your Pixel 2 is registered with Google.
- Then you can make use of the Find My Android tool to temporarily reset your Pixel 2 password
- Use the temporary password to unlock your device
- Create a new permanent password.