How to Enable Screen Mirroring on the Samsung Galaxy S10
Seeing an important presentation on a small cellphone screen is bothersome for all. Furthermore, when you’re trying to show your friends vacation photos and videos, your phone just isn’t the right size. Luckily, there’s a way to connect a mobile phone to a Samsung TV and display its visual content easily. This function is called screen-mirroring.
You may be wondering if your Samsung TV even has this option. It has, and we’ll show you how to turn on screen mirroring for all Samsung TVs whether you’re using an Android or iOS phone.
How to Turn On Screen Mirroring on a Smart Samsung TV
New Samsung TVs and other devices come with a native feature called Smart View, which allows you to connect them together. However, even if you don’t have a Samsung device, you can easily download the app to use it.
If you’ve got the app, then follow these steps. First of all, connect your device and Samsung TV to the same Wi-Fi. Once that’s all set, here’s what you should do:
- Grab your phone and swipe down from the top to see the navigation buttons.
- You should find Smart View, so go ahead and tap it.
- Find your Samsung TV and click on it.
That’s it! You’ll now see your device mirroring on the Samsung TV. Keep in mind it’ll be in portrait mode. To see it in landscape mode, you should turn on Auto Rotate from the navigation panel. When you rotate your phone, the content on your Samsung TV will also be in landscape mode.
How to Turn On Screen Mirroring on a Standard Samsung HDTV
If your Samsung TV isn’t a smart TV, you might think that you can’t turn on screen mirroring. Before you get rid of it and spend money on a new TV, know that there’s a way around this. All you need to get is a wireless display adapter. This device lets you connect your phone to a Samsung TV even if it doesn’t have internet.
Before purchasing one, there are a couple of things you should consider. Some brands of adapters require you to pay a monthly fee to use the screen mirroring function. Check whether the adapter that you’re considering works that way or if it’s a one-time purchase. Furthermore, some of them ask you to download specific apps before you can use them.
Now that you’ve taken everything into consideration and bought yourself an adapter, it’s time to turn on screen mirroring on your Samsung TV. This is what you must do:
- Get an adapter and plug it into an HDMI input on your Samsung TV.
- The other part should go into a wall outlet.
- You’ll see a message to change the input source on your TV so go ahead and do it.
Once you’ve completed these steps, it’s time to turn on Smart View on your phone. This is what you need to do:
- Swipe down from the top to see the navigation panel.
- Look for Smart View and tap on it.
- Pair your phone and TV.
- Finally, you’ll see your phone screen mirrored on your Samsung TV.
How to Turn On Screen Mirroring on a Samsung TV Using AirPlay
If you’re using an iPhone, iMac, or iPad, you’re probably wondering if the steps are going to be the same. In general, you can download the Smart View app. However, newer Samsung TVs have a great option that allows you to easily mirror content from your Apple device. We’re talking about the built-in AirPlay.
In the past, this wasn’t possible without another Apple device. Samsung has since allowed Apple users to enjoy the benefits of screen mirroring on its TVs. Here’s what you need to do to turn on screen mirroring if you’re using an Apple device:
- On the remote control, tap the ‘Home’ button.
- Navigate to Settings and click on the Enter button on your remote control.
- You’ll see a Settings box pop up on your TV.
- Head to General and tap on Apple AirPlay Settings.
- A new menu will appear on your TV.
- Turn on AirPlay if it isn’t turned on already.
- Under Require Code select First Time Only. By doing so, you won’t have to enter a code every time you want to mirror your screen.
Now, you have to use your iPhone or another Apple device. Depending on your device, you’ll have to swipe down or from the bottom up. Look for the Screen Mirroring icon and tap on it. Both your device and TV need to be on the same Wi-Fi. Find the Samsung TV and click on it.
Screen Mirroring Made Easy
Screen mirroring is a useful function through and through. If you’ve got a Samsung phone, you can use Smart View. However, those with Apple devices can also turn on screen mirroring on their Samsung TV with the new AirPlay function.
Do, do you use screen mirroring often? What content do you mirror on your TV? Let us know in the comments below.