When Locked Out Of iPhone 8 And iPhone 8 Plus – Solved
Forgetting the lock screen password is a common occurrence among smartphone users. Most of the ways to solve this issue on your device will require you to perform a hard factory reset which will delete and wipe off all your files, contacts and data.
But the good news is, users of the new Apple iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus can unlock their smartphone and still keep their important files intact. There are three methods that I will explain below on how to fix when your iPhone 8 is locked out.
Choose a way to erase your iPhone 8
If you have not carried out a backup on your device before, it’s not possible to do it again before you reset your password. This is because you will need to erase your iPhone to reset your password.
- You can make use of the iTunes method to solve this issue if you have already synced your device with iTunes.
- You can also use the iCloud method if your Apple iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus has already been connected your iCloud service or Find My iPhone feature.
- If you have not connected your iPhone to any of the services listed above, the only method that is left is the recovery method.
Erasing your iPhone 8 with iTunes
- You will need to connect your smartphone to a computer
- Click on iTunes and type in your passcode if requested, you can try another computer you have synced with or make use of the recovery mode.
- You will need to wait for some minutes for your iTunes to sync with your device and then start a backup
- When the process is completed, and the backup has finished. Click on Restore [your device].
- As soon as the Set Up screen appears on your device, click on Restore from iTunes backup.
- Click on your Apple iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus in tunes. Notice the date and size of the backup files and choose the most recent one.
Erasing your iPhone 8 using the iCloud feature
- Visit iCloud.com/find with another smartphone
- If requested, provide your Apple ID.
- Click on All Devices locate at the top of your browser
- You can now click on Erase which will help you to erase your device and the password.
- You know have two options to select from, you can either restore from a backup or set up as new.
You can only use the Find My iPhone feature is your device is connected to a cellular or wireless network.
Erasing your iPhone 8 using the recovery mode
If you have never connected your device with iTunes or Find My iPhone, you will need to use the recovery mode option to fix your device. You should know that this method will erase your device and the password.
- You will need to connect your iPhone 8 to a computer and click on iTunes.
- Then you will force restart it: you can do this by holding the Sleep/Wake key and the Home key for almost 10 seconds, keep holding when the apple logo shows up, and you can release the keys as soon as you see the recovery mode option.
- There will be two options, Restore or Update, click on Update. The iTunes service will try to reinstall your operating system without deleting your data. Hold on for some few minutes for the software to be downloaded.
How you can Factory Reset Apple iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus
It’s crucial to point out that before you carry out this process on your iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus, owners should back up all important files to prevent losing data. You can make use of this guide on how to factory reset an iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus.