How To Fix Black Screen Problem On Google Pixel 2
Malfunctioning or black screens on Google’s Pixel 2 are becoming fairly common. This is when your buttons are lit up but the display remains black with no images at all being shown. It also goes black at random times. Sometimes the screen fails to wake up after being in sleep mode for a while. A few methods have been proven effective to repair the Google Pixel 2 black screen issue. All you need to do is to perform the steps provided on how to fix the Google Pixel 2 black screen problem.
Boot to Recovery Mode and Wipe Cache Partition
The guide below will put the Google Pixel 2 into Recovery Mode by booting the smartphone:
- Start with your phone powered down
- Simultaneously tap and hold the home, power and volume up buttons
- This will boot the phone into recovery mode. You can let go of the buttons once it vibrates and begins to boot
- In recovery mode, you navigate the menus with the power buttons and select with the power button
- Select Wipe cache partition and then confirm your selection
- This process will take a few moments, then the phone will reboot into normal mode
Read this guide for a more detailed explanation on how to clear cache on the Pixel 2
Factory Reset Pixel 2
If the problem still persists after performing all of the steps provided, the next course of action would be to perform a factory reset on the smartphone. The following is a guide on how to factory reset the Pixel 2. It is noteworthy to mention that before you perform a factory reset, you should make a backup of all the contents of your phone to avoid any loss of data.
Get Technical Support
Now, if you are still experiencing the black screen issue despite doing all the required steps to fix the device. It is highly recommended that you take your smartphone back to where you purchased it so that it can be checked for any defects. This is so that it can be replaced if it actually has factory defects.