How to Sync Contacts with your Gmail Account on Samsung Galaxy Note 8
There are so many important features on the new Samsung Galaxy Note 8. But there are times when these apps get mixed up, but you can choose to sync your data to be sure that you have the same data no matter where you are.
Today, I’ll be explaining how you can sync your contacts from your Note 8 and connect it to the ones on your Gmail account. As long as this account is the one that is registered with your Google Play Store, it will be beneficial if you connect it with all your other Google services.
This feature allows you to stay in control of your contact. It also makes it possible to safely update your firmware. With this feature, you can be sure that all your files, text messages and contacts are safe even in a situation where you need to factory reset your smartphone. There are a lot of reasons why you may want to sync your contacts with your Gmail account on Galaxy Note 8.
Step 1 – you will need to link your Contacts to Gmail:
- Click on the Contacts app
- Click on the Menu button to have access to your Settings
- Click on the option named ‘Merge with Google’
- Click on the Gmail account that you want to sync with in case you have more than Gmail account on your smartphone
- Confirm your choice
- You can now go back to your home screen as soon as you get a popup message telling you that you have successfully merged your accounts
Step 2 – sync your contacts with Gmail:
- Download and install the Gmail app in case you do not have it anymore
- Locate Settings
- Click on Accounts and Sync
- Activate the dedicated Accounts and Syncing service
- Activate the Sync contacts option
- Click on the option named ‘Sync Now.’
- You will need to wait for a few minutes for all the contacts to connect and sync with your Gmail account.
- You can now leave the menu and move to your PC.
- Type in the Gmail address on your web browser
- Click on the Gmail text link that will be placed on the upper left side of your Gmail profile
- Select Contacts
- A page will open that will show you all the contacts that you’ve moved from your Galaxy Note 8
After doing this successfully, it is important to note that you will need to manually sync your Gmail in any case of a factory reset or Rom changes. This is the only way to have your contacts again on your smartphone.
If you have any other question about syncing your contacts with your Gmail account, feel free to leave a comment below.