How To Use Galaxy S9 And Galaxy S9 Plus As A Mobile Hotspot
Owning the latest Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus gives owners a sense of pride. One great feature of the new phones is the mobile hotspot function. The Samsung Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus hotspot feature gives your mobile device the ability to become a Wi-Fi transmitter for nearby devices while giving W-Fi that is password protected.
Proud owners get to enjoy wireless Internet on many devices while on the go, it is therefore important to know how to set this up on Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus. While the older phones had poor performance for this feature, the latest models of the Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus come with a significant improvement.
The new phones have batteries that can last a long time which allows users to work and stay connected while traveling. To be able to use this function, one needs to know how to turn on the hotspot and set a password for the new Wi-Fi hotspot. Here is a simple guide that you can follow to make a hotspot on your Samsung Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus.
How to turn the Galaxy S9 into a wireless hotspot.
- Turn on your device
- Scroll down from the top of your screen to enter your notifications screen
- Choose the gear icon on the top right corner named settings
- Look for the resulting menu for Tethering and Wi-Fi Hotspot option
- Press on it and then tap on mobile hotspot
- Switch the On/Off toggle to “”
- Choose Ok on the small attention screen informing you that the mobile hotspot is going to be turned on
- Follow the instructions at the bottom of the screen so that you will be able to connect another device to this hotspot tether
How to change the password and security type for wireless hotspot
It is now time to add a WPA-2 password on your Samsung Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus’ hotspot that you just created so that no one else can access your Wi-Fi. Follow steps below.
- Turn on your Galaxy S9
- Scroll down from the top of the screen
- Choose the settings icon on the upper right of the notification screen
- From this menu, select Browse for tethering and hotspot option and Press on it
- Select mobile hotspot
- Choose three dots to view more options in this menu
- Choose configure
- Change the password in the password option, memorize it and then choose “”
- Your password has been changed
We all know that some data plans from providers do not allow mobile hotspots at all. Free social media bundles are among these and you cannot make hotspot bundles on these without upgrading. Other Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus owners may view this as a problem with the hotspot feature of the phone but this is not the case.
If your Wi-Fi Hotspot does not work after you follow the instructions above then you should ask your carrier about the current data bundle that you are subscribed to whether or not hotspot or tethering is allowed.